WHY SHOULD YOU CONSIDER CLEANING
YOUR CENTRAL HEAT AND AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEMS?
Don’t put it off, the benefits outweigh the cost.
1. Health Benefits – Keep Your Family Safe and Healthy
The furnace and air ducts act as your home’s ‘respiratory system’. Your system “inhales” through the return system and “exhales” through the supply side. Your system can become ‘congested’ when filled with contaminants and debris. Clean and open, the system can breathe and function properly. Allergy sufferers can benefit greatly by reducing the amount of ‘triggers’ that are present in ductwork. The proper cleaning of the air duct system is a necessity. Additionally, sanitizing and deodorizing, in certain circumstances, is key. Health benefits are evidenced by a statement by Dayton Ear, Nose, and Throat Surgeons, Inc., John H. Boyles, Jr., M.D., Arthur Gardikes, M.D.: “Air duct cleaning for respiratory allergies is a valuable process that is essential to live in an environment that is clean and allergy free.”
A home or office is only as clean as its heating and cooling ductwork. The air in your home/office is circulated through the ductwork, the dirtiest, most unsanitary part of any building. With people spending as much as 90% of each day indoors, air quality is a major concern.
Many allergy triggers are present in air ducts. In fact, indoor air can be up to 70% more polluted than outdoor air. Advantages of clean ductwork to homes and businesses can be substantial. The NEMI (National Energy Management Institute) reports that, “Benefits of improved indoor air quality are so large that this opportunity cannot be ignored…”
Protect your family.
Don’t let them continue to breathe air circulated
through ducts that look like this……….
When you have the ability to have this.
Air duct cleaning provides a cleaner living and working environment for the occupants of any residential or commercial space. It dramatically reduces dust and other airborne debris and decreases symptoms of asthma, allergies and other respiratory health issues. A clean heating and cooling system also greatly enhances efficiency thereby increasing equipment life that both increases efficiency and reduces running time, offering a cleaner and safer environment. Your air ducts are ideal breeding grounds for fungus, mold, spores, and bacteria. They couldn’t ask for a darker, damper place to grow! Whenever your heat or air conditioner is on, these contaminants are blown into your home along with dirt and dust.
REMEMBER: Your lungs can’t be cleaned but your ducts can!!
• One out of every six people who suffer from allergies does so because of the direct relationship to the fungi and bacteria in the air duct systems. (Total Health & Better Health Magazine)
• Children are more likely than adults to be affected by polluted air; they breathe faster, inhale more air per unit of body weight and are closer to the ground where concentrations are higher. (Department of Consumer Affairs)
• The elderly, asthmatics and people with respiratory problems, such as allergies and lung diseases, are more sensitive to pollutants. (Department of Consumer Affairs)
• Most people spend 60 to 90% of their time indoors. (American Lung Association)
• 50% of all illnesses are either caused or aggravated by polluted indoor air.
(American College of Allergists)
• The average six-room house collects 40 pounds of dust each year.
• Air pollution contributes to lung disease, which claims close to 361,000 lives in America every year and is the third-leading cause of death in the United States.
(American Lung Association)
• The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency ranks poor indoor air quality among the top five environmental risks to public health. (E.P.A.)
• 50% of all illnesses are either caused or aggravated by polluted indoor air. (American College of Allergist)
• 1 out of 6 people who suffer from allergies do so because of the direct relationship to the fungi and bacteria in the duct system. (Total Health and Better Health Magazine)
• Legionnaire’s Disease was spawned in air conditioning ducts. It killed 29 people in 1976. (American Lung Association)
• In the summer of 1988, at least 7 people died in the Los Angeles area from Legionnaire’s Disease. (Modesto Bee 9\22\88)
2. System Efficiency and Financial Savings
Research by the U.S. EPA has demonstrated that HVAC system cleaning may allow systems to run more efficiently by removing debris from sensitive mechanical components. Clean, efficient systems are less likely to break down, have a longer life span, and generally operate more effectively than dirty systems.
- 9 out of 10 system failures are caused by dirt and dust. (LCES Louisiana Cooperative Extension Service)
- Clean systems restore capacity and lesson running time. Translation: Savings on monthly heating/cooling bills. (LCES Louisiana Cooperative Extension Service)
- A buildup of 0.042 inches of dirt on a heating or cooling coil can result in a decrease of efficiency by 21%. (EPA Environmental Protection Agency)
- Most commercially purchased fiberglass filters are only 7% efficient in stopping dirt, dust, pollen, etc..from passing through it (ASHRAE – The American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers)